Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a creamy clam chowder recipe adapted for my lactose-free lifestyle. Its a pretty good copy and very filling!
- 1 (540 ml) candiced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 (85 g) cans minced clams with juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups unflavoured soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup unflavoured soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- Drain the canned potatoes.
- In a large soup pot on medium low heat margarine, add diced shallots and cook until the shallots are almost clear.
- Add flour to butter and mix briskly. Allow mixture to thicken.
- Add 2 cups soy milk a little at a time.
- Allow soy milk mixture to thicken.
- Add clams, juice, potatoes, bottled clam juice and 1/2 cup soy milk to the mixture.
- On medium heat bring chowder to a boil.
- Turn the temperature to low and allow chowder to simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently.