Recipe by StephsTreats
From Rosie Ridge Farm's original recipe, I added a few things to make this lactation friendly. If you don't have cream of tartar, but do have baking powder, use 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 cups rolled oats (not instant or "quick")
- 3 cups buttermilk or 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PRESOAK: 24 hours before baking, soak oats in buttermilk. Drain in fine meshed sieve or cheesecloth while preparing the batter.
- QUICK SOAKING METHOD:.
- Soak oats in boiling water while preparing the batter. Do not drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 2 deep dish pie plates.
- Cream sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Stir in oats and optional ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased pans.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes.