Recipe by candice7sc
This is a variation of Noel Trujillo's Lactation Cookies recipe. I try not to eat much sugar so I subbed a bit.
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Smart Balance Omega Plus
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Beat Smart Balance Omega Plus butter.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewer's yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix. Mix with a spoon.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack.