Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies with a hint of peanut butter flavor that helps boost a nursing mother's milk supply in a natural way. Don't worry, these are good for everyone as they are good for your heart.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2 Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for about 4 minutes.
- 3 Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- 4 Add egg beaters and mix well.
- 5 Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- 6 Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- 7 Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- 8 Stir in oats and chips.
- 9 Scoop onto greased baking sheet.
- 10 Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 11 Let set for a couple minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
These are the best cookies I've ever had! I even make an altered version for my toddler and they are the only cookies he's allowed to have. I absolutely recommend these cookies to every nursing mother, and anyone else looking for an amazing cookie recipe. Also, give these a try even if you don't like oatmeal....I don't like oatmeal at all, but these don't taste the same at all!