Mmmmmm......This turns out having a nice glaze. I got this from Chef2Chef on the internet.
Make and share this Lacquered Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Puree sauce ingredients in a blender until almost smooth (can be prepared 1 day ahead,cover and refrigerate).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Place fillets, skin side down in dish, pouring half of sauce over fish.
- Bake until fish is just cooked through, about 20 minutes, basting frequently with remaining sauce and adding 1/3 c water to dish if sauce begins to burn.
- Arrange fish on platter pouring sauce over.