Mmmmmm......This turns out having a nice glaze. I got this from Chef2Chef on the internet.
Make and share this Lacquered Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Puree sauce ingredients in a blender until almost smooth (can be prepared 1 day ahead,cover and refrigerate).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Place fillets, skin side down in dish, pouring half of sauce over fish.
- Bake until fish is just cooked through, about 20 minutes, basting frequently with remaining sauce and adding 1/3 c water to dish if sauce begins to burn.
- Arrange fish on platter pouring sauce over.
Delicious! We enjoyed this fish very much with baked potatoes and salad. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! I cut the amount of soy sauce to 2/3 cup and replaced it with water, but may cut it to half next time and add more sherry. Salmon cooked perfectly in the stated time (my fillets were skinless).
My family wasn't too crazy about this salmon - maybe it was the turmeric. Overall, it was still a pretty good recipe...