It's from Kosher By Design: Short on Time by Susie Fishbein. I saw it in June/July 2007 Hadassah magazine. Putting this here for another day! Sounds great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place soy sauce and sugar in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- 3Add the ginger, garlic and whiskey.
- 4Reduce heat low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Put half this sauce in a container to drizzle over the fish after it is cooked. The sauce can be made in advance and reheated.
- 6Brush a broiling pan with olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- 7Place the fillets on the prepared pan and sprinkle each with one tablespoons of pineapple over each fillet.
- 8Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, until salmon is pink and slightly firm to the touch. *Note, if you like your salmon cooked rare, cook for only 15-20 minutes.
- 9Drizzle with reserved sauce before serving.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lacquered Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 1453.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g