Recipe by Wildflour
Crisp spring salad all piled inside pretty little parmesan cheese baskets! Easy to make! Perfect for Easter, lunches, parties or dinners!
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 cups fresh mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, can use arugula
- 1⁄2 cup green grape, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 -5 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing, to taste
- 1 apple, sliced or chopped
- 1 pear, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 5 -6 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 3 Tbl. cheese and 1 teaspoons chopped pecans over the bottom of the frying pan in the center, but a thin layer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or til the edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Lift out of pan with spatula, invert hot cheese disk over inverted drinking glass or small custard cups. Cool completely. Repeat making 5-6 baskets.
- For salad:.
- Just toss ingredients in large bowl, drizzle with salad dressing and season with S&P if needed. Toss to coat.
- Pile salad into cooled, firm parmesan baskets, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- *Baskets can be made ahead and stored between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Mini ones can be made for appies!