Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I adapted these cookie from BH&G mag, they had you make them into sandwiches but I thought it too sweet, so I 1/2'd the recipe and left them the way they were! I have made them teice in the month I have had the recipe and everyone begs for more!
- Preheat oven to 325, line cookie sheet with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- Mix oats, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, 1/2 of egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add almonds.
- Drop by teaspoons 3 inches apart (they spread).
- Bake for 10-12 mins, edges should be slightly browned.
- Let cool then peel from paper/foil.
Good news first: yummy and a crowd pleaser. Lacy cookies can be tricky to make but these were unexpectedly easy. Bad news: Incomplete directions. Egg is "divided" but there is no mention when to add the other half. This is what I did: combined dry ingredients first in a large mixing bowl. Whisked a whole egg with the cooled metled butter and vanilla. Added to the flour and stirred until combined. Stirred in coarsely chopped slivered almonds. These cooked up in about ten minutes. Important to let them cool as indicated in Step #5 or else they will fall apart. Served with Frozen Vanilla Yogurt Ice Cream (Low Fat). If the directions were clearer, I would love to give this recipe a star rating.