Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are delicious; a little like candy. They are crunchy and buttery tasting. You will be able to eat them all.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (beatne)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucpan, melt the butter; remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil; do not grease.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoons onto the foil about 4" apart.
- 400 degree oven for 8 minutes--WATCH CAREFULLY.
- Allow to cool on foil and peel off.