Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
The preparation time is perfect for busy cooks. The taste is most satisfying to the whole family.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Line a cookie sheet with foil; lightly butter foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in rolled oats, sugar, egg,and vanilla. Add flour, salt, and baking powder; mix well.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of cookie batter about 3 inches apart onto foil (about 9 cookies on a medium cookie sheet). Spread each dollop of cookie batter slightly to distribute the oats.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven; let cool on cookie sheets on a wire rack about 10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Remove from the foil.
These cookies are so very easy, and super quick. They are great if you want a quick treat for the family. They also make great gifts if you place them in a pretty tin.