Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Flaky bread baked in tandoor/oven one step ahead of naan
- 500 g flour
- 10 g salt
- 1 g bicarbonate of soda
- 5 g baking powder
- 10 g sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 25 ml oil
- 1 egg
- 50 g butter
- 200 ml water
- Sieve flour with salt,soda bi-carb,baking powder in a bowl.
- break egg in a bowl add sugar & milk and whisk add water.
- Make a bay in the sieved flour; add egg mixture and mix. When fully mixed, knead to a soft dough; leave for 10 minutes. Then add oil and knead thoroughly. Leave covered for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 8 portions making balls. Place on dusted tray and leave for 30 minutes.
- Flatten each with rolling pin into a round disc 8-inches in diameter. Apply butter over surface and dust with flour. Hold from ends and gather to make many folds and roll like pinwheel. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll each pinwheel with rolling pin to 8 inch disc.
- Place pratha in preheated oven on a tray and bake for 10 minutes at 250 centigrade or in tandoor till caramelised.
- Remove serve hot.