Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Deborah Madison in Eating Well Aug/Sept 2005
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 yellow peppers, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (left whole)
- Prepare spaghetti al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 T oil in a dutch oven. Cook peppers and onions over high heat, stirring often, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, wine, and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Lower heat to medium. Add olives, capers, 1/3 cup parsley, and 1/2 cup water from the pasta pot. Add salt and pepper and tomatoes and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Toss cooked and drained spaghetti with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and then toss with veggies. Garnish with remaining parsley.