1/2 Photos of Labneh Wa Za'atar (Spiced Yogurt Cheese)
Leah's Kitchen's Note:
A tasty spiced cheese similar to cream cheese that can be used as a spread over pita, or with cucumber slices, crackers, chips or whatever you like. This is my own za'atar recipe but if you have your own you can use that instead if you like, since mine isn't all that authentic. ;) (The preparation time includes letting the yogurt drain.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour 2 cups of yogurt into a white flour sack towel or a few layers of cheese cloth, and squeeze out the whey until you cannot squeeze out any more.
- 2Place in a strainer over a bowl and refrigerate for about 24 hours squeezing out the whey every six hours or so until it forms a ball and is the consistency of cream cheese.
- 3Toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan just until they turn golden; remove from heat.
- 4Mix together the za'atar spices and toasted sesame seeds in a shallow bowl.
- 5Divide the cheese into 3 sections and roll each into a ball.
- 6Roll cheese balls one by one in the spices.
- 7Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Labneh Wa Za'atar (Spiced Yogurt Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 232.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g