Recipe by tootsie in Pacific Northwest, USA
This is a recipe I saved out of a usaweekend magazine years ago. I tidied it away and, of course couldn't find it again, until today. So I thought I would copy it here where I can always find it and you can too. I have put down 4 servings, but of course it will depend on what you'll be grilling.
Top Review by kspiers1
I tried this recipe years ago, ( after seeing it in the USA Weekend magazine, too) and it is the best marinade recipe I have had. I added a little Cajun seasoning spice to it, and that adds a lot of pizazz. I highly recommend trying this the next time you grill. Yum - steaks tomorrow.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all in a large bowl or zip bag. Add the meat of your choice; coat all sides. Marinate 5-10 minutes. (You may soak longer to intensify flavors, but tests show longer marination does not increase anti-cancer activity.) Remove meat from marinade and place on hot grill. Remove meat from grill as soon as it's done: Longer grilling produces more carcinogens (cancer-causing agents).