Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy Thai chicken salad with mint.
- 600 g chicken fillets, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 liter chicken stock
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 thai hot chili peppers, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted rice
- 1 tablespoon ground dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil then add the chopped chicken and cook for 7 or 8 minutes. Drain but reserve the stock.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and then add the drained chicken. Add 2 or 3 tblsp of the reserved stock and mix well.
- Serve with salad either hot or at room temperature.