Recipe by Kat's Mom
In November 2009, my husband and I were delighted to be able to have Sunday brunch at Chef John Besh's restaurant, La Provence, in Lacombe, Louisiana. We fell in love with everything we ate that day, and I purchased a signed copy of Chef Besh's cookbook "My New Orleans". Our waitress was wonderful; the manager was personable & friendly. We even chatted with the head chef, Erick Loos IV, and he signed my cookbook, too. We also had a wonderful drink - an Old Fashioned. Unfortunately, the recipe for this drink was not in the cookbook. So I emailed the restaurant and they graciously sent me their recipe. We cannot wait to go back!
- one dash of peychaud bitters
- simple syrup
- jack daniels Bourbon
- 1 -2 maraschino cherry
- 1 orange wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a "Rocks" glass with ice and add a dash of bitters.
- Fill glass 1/3 full with simple syrup* or sweeten to your taste.
- fill remainder of glass with Jack Daniels Bourbon.
- Garnish with muddled (crushed) maraschino cherry and orange wedge.
- * To make simple syrup mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of boiling water; stir well and refrigerate any leftover syrup.