From LA Times.
Make and share this La Masias Cauliflower Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- Cook cauliflower about 4 minutes in boiling salted water, covered.
- Drain and chop finely.
- Melt butter; add flour
- Stir till smooth.
- Add milk and cream.
- Cook till slightly thickened on low, stirring.
- Take off heat; add cheese (withhold 2 tablespoons) salt and nutmeg. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites.
- Fold cauliflower into cream mixture.
- Fold in beaten yolks, but first add little cream mixture to temper eggs. Fold in egg whites
- Pour into greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 remaining tablespoons cheese.
- Bake 325°F for 30 minutes, or golden brown.