Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
From LA Times.
Make and share this La Masias Cauliflower Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 78.07 ml butter
- 314.66 ml milk
- 78.07 ml flour
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 591.47 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- Cook cauliflower about 4 minutes in boiling salted water, covered.
- Drain and chop finely.
- Melt butter; add flour
- Stir till smooth.
- Add milk and cream.
- Cook till slightly thickened on low, stirring.
- Take off heat; add cheese (withhold 2 tablespoons) salt and nutmeg. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites.
- Fold cauliflower into cream mixture.
- Fold in beaten yolks, but first add little cream mixture to temper eggs. Fold in egg whites
- Pour into greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 remaining tablespoons cheese.
- Bake 325°F for 30 minutes, or golden brown.
Hi Dee, what a fantastic recipe! We loved it! I had a little gruyere left over so I mixed it with the parmesan, it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe, Diane :=)
Delicious, Dienia, mine was a bit heavy *my fault* because I didn't chop the cauliflower fine enough. The flavors were there and will make sure I chop, chop next time. Delicious side. Made for Tag Game. THX