Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
After trying so many different recipes that claim to be the original Tomato-Basil Soup at La Madeleine , this one came to be closest recipe. Creamy and rich it is full of flavor and it goes so well with a french baguette or hard crusted Italian bread .
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe tomatoes (halved)
- 28 ounces hunt's whole tomatoes with basil
- 16 ounces hunt's tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 tablespoons dry basil
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large pot and simmer for about 25 minute.
- Blend the mixture in a blender and return to the pot over low heat.
- Mix together flour and milk until no lumps appear.
- Add milk mixture, butter and basil to the tomato base. Stir constantly until thickened ( about 5 min).