Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my friend Ann in Maryland. I have made this many times, and it's always devoured! It's not necessarily "quick and easy," because I hand-chop the olives and make my own guacamole, but the extra effort makes a big difference. Ann's original recipe did not call for jalapeno and cilantro, but I love it! She isn't an olive lover, so she omits those. Really a great dip that can be fiddled with to suit individual tastes!
- 20 ounces can vegetarian refried beans
- 2 large very ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups finely-grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped and wept between paper towels
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and mayonnaise, and let sit for at least an hour.
- Mash avocados with lime juice.
- On a large serving platter, spread beans approximately 1/2" thick, using a spatula. Carefully top with avocado mixture, spreading to almost cover the bean layer. Top with sour cream mixture.
- Finish with a layer of cheese, olives, tomato, green onions, and cilantro.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips or scoops.
Yummy and so pretty too! I did scale this down for one person and served with sun chips. Thanks for a great lunch! Made for the Pick a Chef(PAC) event in the contests/event forum.