1/1 Photo of La Gléhias Full English Breakfast
You can't go wrong with a Full English Breakfast to start the day, but everyone has their own take on what should be included. Mine may not be fancy, or include chips, but we like it. The hardest thing about this kind of breakfast is the timing. Everything has to come together at the same time. It took awhile to nail it, but I think I've got it down to a fine art now :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn on the grill and allow to heat up for about 10minutes. While you are waiting, line the grill-tray with tin-foil (aluminium foil). If you are lucky enough to have two grill-trays, line them both, otherwise, line an oven tray as well.
- 2Put the Sausages and halved Tomatoes (skin side down) on one of the lined trays and the Bacon Rashers on the other. Overlap each rasher slightly, fatty edge on top, in portions of 3. Note: Make sure all of the ingredients are at room temperature before cooking otherwise cooking times may be thrown out.
- 3Empty the Mushrooms into a saucepan and put on the hob on a very low flame, lid on.
- 4The grill should be hot enough to put the Sausages and Tomatoes under.
- 5Put the Oil in a frying pan and break the Eggs into the cold oil.
- 6Empty the Baked Beans into a non-metallic, microwavable bowl and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- 7Check the Sausages regularly and turn as necessary. They should take about 10 minutes in total. The Tomatoes should take the same time to cook.
- 8When the Sausages and Tomatoes are ready, remove the tray from under the grill and put Bacon under.
- 9Stir the Baked Beans and put on for another 2 minutes.
- 10Turn the flame on under the Eggs. Stir the simmering Mushrooms and turn the heat up a little for the last minute.
- 11Serve Tomatoes on the plates top-left and Sausages go straight across the middle. I always try to put the Sausages on the plate with the ends curling upwards like smiles. :).
- 12Check the eggs and turn down a little if necessary. Turn off the grill but leave the bacon under.
- 13Mushrooms go around the bottom edge of the plate.
- 14Check the Beans are hot and spoon on the plate top right next to the Tomatoes.
- 15Finish off the Eggs and sit them across the Sausages.
- 16Bacon should be done and goes over the eggs.
- 17Serve immediately, preferably with a cup of English Breakfast tea.
- 18Bon Appetite! :).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for La Gléhias Full English Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 965.2
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 557.2 mg
- Sodium 1887.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 46.0 g