Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 50 mins
A 17th century recipe.
Make and share this La Gallimafrée recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the red wine with the honey and soak the raisins in the mixture.
- Soak the apricots in water.
- Chop the carrots and celery into 3 cm pieces.
- Slice the onions into rings.
- Brown the pork in a cast iron casserole or dutch oven without adding any extra fat; wait until the pork fat melts.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, add the vegetables, and pan fry.
- Add the meat, sprinkle with mint, season with salt and pepper, and pour in enough water to cover.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
- Drain the raisins and apricots.
- Add the raisins to the meat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Then add the apricots and caraway and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with pureed vegetables.