2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
A 17th century recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the red wine with the honey and soak the raisins in the mixture.
- 2Soak the apricots in water.
- 3Chop the carrots and celery into 3 cm pieces.
- 4Slice the onions into rings.
- 5Brown the pork in a cast iron casserole or dutch oven without adding any extra fat; wait until the pork fat melts.
- 6Remove the meat and set aside.
- 7Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, add the vegetables, and pan fry.
- 8Add the meat, sprinkle with mint, season with salt and pepper, and pour in enough water to cover.
- 9Cover the pan and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
- 10Drain the raisins and apricots.
- 11Add the raisins to the meat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 12Then add the apricots and caraway and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 13Serve with pureed vegetables.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for La Gallimafrée
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g