Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are heavenly. The best brownies I've ever had! Moist, chocolatey, and just great!! This comes from La Duni Latin Kitchen in Dallas' Highland Park area. The original recipe calls for an 8x8 Wilton pan, but when I made them I used both a 9x13 and an 8x8 pan (mine aren't Wilton pans, so maybe that was my problem). My neighbor tried these in one 8x8 pan, and the batter was still goopy after an hour and a half...so I'm recommending two pans, which is what worked for me when I made them...let me know if you have different results.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and an 8 x 8 pan. Or, you can line them with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar gradually. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla just until blended.
- Slowly add in the flour and the salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pans on rack to cool. Then, cut into squares.
We really loved these delicious brownies! I loaded them with nuts. I can't imagine eating one without any nuts. To me it makes the brownies! Thanks!
These brownies are fabulous!!! I made them just like you mentioned 1 in a 9x13 pan the other in a 8x8. I sent the 8x8 pan with my daughter as she nannies for a set of twins. My family loved these!! Nice and fudgy gooey. Mine took an additional 15 minutes to cook through. Thanks for posting!!