1/1 Photo of La Choy Honey Nut Crunch Bars
1 hr 10 mins
In my opinion, this is the best no-bake cookie ever devised in the world. It's one of those recipes that surprises you because you never expected it to be as good as it is. The first time I made them they won their place up in my 10 best cookies ever list. And during the Christmas holidays, I'll make them festive by throwing in some red & green glaceed cherries. They won first prize in a Woman's Day/La Choy baking contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9" square baking pan, or spray well with non-stick spray.
- 2Place the butter, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon into a 3-quart saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Boil for one minute, and remove from heat.
- 5Immediately add vanilla, then noodles, and gently stir until all the noodles are coated.
- 6Stir in the nuts.
- 7Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down level using wax paper to protect your hands and make it easier to give it a flat surface.
- 8Let the mixture stand at least one hour before cutting into bars with a very large, heavy knife.
- 9NOTE: I find it easier to remove the whole thing in one piece to a cutting board and then slice them.
- 10Makes about 24 bars, depending on how large you slice them.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for La Choy Honey Nut Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 125.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g