Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
In my opinion, this is the best no-bake cookie ever devised in the world. It's one of those recipes that surprises you because you never expected it to be as good as it is. The first time I made them they won their place up in my 10 best cookies ever list. And during the Christmas holidays, I'll make them festive by throwing in some red & green glaceed cherries. They won first prize in a Woman's Day/La Choy baking contest.
- Grease a 9" square baking pan, or spray well with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon into a 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for one minute, and remove from heat.
- Immediately add vanilla, then noodles, and gently stir until all the noodles are coated.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down level using wax paper to protect your hands and make it easier to give it a flat surface.
- Let the mixture stand at least one hour before cutting into bars with a very large, heavy knife.
- NOTE: I find it easier to remove the whole thing in one piece to a cutting board and then slice them.
- Makes about 24 bars, depending on how large you slice them.
Simple, easy and good. I made these for the PTA meeting and they went over great. Thanks for a quick easy no bake cookie.