This is a guac that was served at a local restaurant. I was not a guacamole lover because I find that they were sour and I was not a fan of tomatoes in mine. That is why I fell in LOVE with this guacamole. The restaurant was owned by a family whose mother ran the kitchen and she came from Mexico and made authentic food. The place has been sold and the new owners still have a lot of the same recipes. Before they sold the place, I asked for the recipe and was shocked at how easy it was and uncomplicated.
- Pit and slice avocados in the skin then using a spoon scoop out avacado into a bowl.
- Add grated onion, salt and water.
- Mash all together. Or you can put all into a small food processor and blend together.
- To keep from turning dark brown when covering make sure plastic wrap is on top of the mixture. If it does turn dark brown it is not spoiled it has just oxidized. Stir in and use.
- Will keep for a day or 2 in the fridge. If it last that long.
This is very tasty indeed! I used a stick blender on my onion so that it would be minced becuase we love onion taste but not onion raw... and the freshness of this is excellent. Paired with little crackers this dissapeared very quickly. Please see my rating System: 4 lovely stars for a super simple, super quick, tasty guacamole recipe. Thanks!