Recipe by Acerast
My friend Kristi shared this recipe with me in the "birthday recipe book" written by my friends and neighbors. It is from the La Becasse Restaurant in Maple City, Michigan.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I made a quarter recipe to try this out. This was very good; the sweet/savory flavor complements greens nicely. Like many salad dressings, this benefits from preparing in advance for the flavors to meld.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, celery seeds, salt, mayonnaise, garlic and dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the vinegar, mixing well.
- Slowly add oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified.
- (For the smoothest results, Kristi uses the whisk attachment on her Kitchen Aid.).