Recipe by Irish in the City
This is from Cooking Light! Yummy,easy!!
Top Review by Cookin'ontheFly
This is a favorite in our family--and a nice healthy one. The only changes I make are to omit the whole green chilies & the refried beans. I also use the diced tomatoes with MILD green chilies (the others are a bit spicy for my kids). I've doubled the recipe & baked in a 9x13 casserole for a family gathering & it was well received there also. It's a nice recipe that uses ground turkey that seems like it belongs there & wasn't substituted for ground beef. Sour cream is a nice addition for garnishing.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut green chiles in half lengthwise.
- Arrange chiles in a single layer in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Add diced tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Spoon turkey mixture over chiles.
- Top with corn.
- Carefully spread beans over corn.
- Sprinkle cheese over beans.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; top with chopped tomato and green onions.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups).