Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mexican "flavor", easy main dish, delicious. I got this from someone else's website - but my family loves it - so I wanted to put it here so I'd never lose it.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, such as Ro-tel brand, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut green chilies into half lengthwise. Arrange in single layer in an 8 square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat over med-high heat. Brown beef.
- Add onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic, saute 5 minutes.
- Add Ro-Tel, cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Spoon beef mixture over chilies.
- Top with corn.
- Carefully spread beans over corn.
- Sprinkle cheese over beans.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped tomato and green onion.