Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lettuce, Onion, Vegetable, Egg Salad. So easy and simple when you're in a rush. I've made these to go, and they're great to make when you're about to embark on a road trip. I don't know what it is with egg salad and road trips...I think it's just me. From Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 (9 inch) whole wheat sandwich wraps
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 12 slices red onions
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- Dice 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites and put into a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and stir with a fork, mashing somewhat for desired consistency.
- Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Place wrap bread on a plate and spread the egg salad in the middle.
- Top with the peppers, onion slices and the lettuce.
- Fold into a wrap sandwich.
We had this for lunch today. It was very refreshing. I had never thought to include pepper or lettuce with my egg salad sammy. Good recipe!