Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are Lourenco Marques Prawns or Prawns Mozambique. Prawns from the waters off Mozambique are famous for the large size and delicious flavor. These are marinated in a peri-peri marinade and grilled. Post for ZWT #4.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 red hot chili peppers, cleaned and chopped or 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 prawns, cleaned, deveined, tails left on
- Mix all ingredients except prawns. Pour half of mixture into another bowl to reserve for use as a sauce. Marinate prawns with rest of mixture for at least a few hours or longer. (Be careful not to get hot pepper mixture in your eyes).
- Remove prawns and set aside. Pour the used marinade into a pan and quickly bring to a boil on the stove.
- Thread the prawns on skewers. Cook over hot grill, turning once and basting with the cooked marinade until pink and done,.
- Serve immediately with the reserved sauce for dipping.
These are very good. I tripled the recipe to make enough for a main dish and we loved these. I used the red pepper flakes option and followed as directed. These shrimp are spicy, but were a nice light diner alongside a baked potato and side salad. Thanks for a new spicy shrimp recipe for the grill! Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook Tag.
These were so full of flavor. I used a dash of cayenne pepper in place of the chiles and it worked fine and I also didn't need any dipping sauce as they were very juicy. These will be made again. Thanks :) Made for ZWT7 Golden Gourmets.
Perfect prawns, and as other reviewers mentioned the kick of the red chili flakes was outstanding. I could of easily popped this right into my mouth (all of them!) but didn't, just loved this great dish. I left some for dipping, how wonderful! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 7