Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I'm always on the lookout for cheesecake recipes and nut crusts. Here is one from the LCF site. Minimum of 3 hrs chilling not included in cooking time.
- 1⁄2 lb pistachios, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup no calorie Splenda granular
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Set oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Wrap bottom insert with heavy duty foil and place into pan.
- Place a parchment paper circle in the bottom of the cake pan, and press the pistachio mixture to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Blend Splenda and Cream Cheese for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add 1 egg at a time till it is just combined, low speed, scraping sides.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix 2 minutes at low speed.
- Put in high sided cake pan lined with parchment paper and the pistachio crust.
- Bake in a water bath until set (approx. 1 ½ hours).
- Cool at room temperature for one hour, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- I baked on the lower rack with a sheet of aluminum foil on TOP rack to prevent browning.
- I decorated top with a slice of lemon that had been snipped from side to middle and then twisted.
- You could top with blueberries or raspberries but we just used dollop of whipped cream.