Recipe by drhousespcatcher
When you want a bit hardier dip when the Senate is coming to visit. From ICS.
- 6 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled, see note
- 1 cup flour
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 6 large onions, minced
- 8 ounces chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 lbs sharp cheddar cheese, cut in chunks
- taco chips or tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Note reserve Bacon drippings.
- Combine beef and bacon and brown.
- Blend the flour in one fourth of the bacon drippings, stirring until smooth. Slowly add the consumme, stirring until thickened. Add thickened mixture to beef and blend well.
- Add onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Stir well.
- Simmer covered, 1 1/2 hours or until dip consistency. Add cheese until well blended. Refrigerate for several house before serving.
- Serve with taco or tortilla chips.