Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that we modified from YumYum.com. It is super yummy with grilled steaks and over El Salvadoran Papusas. This is the peppy slaw that goes along with the Papusas
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 88.74 ml vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped and mixed with 1/3 cup ice water
- 2.46 ml chilula hot sauce
- 22.18 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml salt (to taste)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 453.59 g finely sliced cabbage (1 pack pre-sliced coleslaw blend)
- 177.44-236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 118.29-177.44 ml thinly sliced sweet onion
- Put the vinegar, oil, and garlic in ice water, Tabasco, chili powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix very well.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, and onions together and toss and stir until it is well coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill at least two hours.