2 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe that we modified from YumYum.com. It is super yummy with grilled steaks and over El Salvadoran Papusas. This is the peppy slaw that goes along with the Papusas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped and mixed with 1/3 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon chilula hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb finely sliced cabbage (1 pack pre-sliced coleslaw blend)
- 3/4-1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2-3/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1Put the vinegar, oil, and garlic in ice water, Tabasco, chili powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Mix very well.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrot, and onions together and toss and stir until it is well coated with the dressing.
- 4Cover and chill at least two hours.
Nutritional Facts for L.a. Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 636.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g