Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that we modified from YumYum.com. It is super yummy with grilled steaks and over El Salvadoran Papusas. This is the peppy slaw that goes along with the Papusas
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped and mixed with 1/3 cup ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilula hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb finely sliced cabbage (1 pack pre-sliced coleslaw blend)
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- Put the vinegar, oil, and garlic in ice water, Tabasco, chili powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix very well.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, and onions together and toss and stir until it is well coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill at least two hours.