Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Asian style foil packets are so easy and mess free!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (4l)
- 2 medium carrots, juliened
- 1 red bell pepper, juliened (or use zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Fold a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half to make a double thick square that is about a foot long. Place the foil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the fish in the center of the foil. Top it with the desired vegetables.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic and ginger. Sauté it until it is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and hoisin sauce, and simmer it for about 2 minutes. Remove it from the heat.
- Pour the sauce carefully over the fish and vegetables. Wrap the foil into an airtight packet around the fish, vegetables and sauce, folding and sealing the edges.
- Bake it for 18 minutes. Let the packet cool for a couple of minutes and open carefully. Serve over hot rice.