Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
- Rinse out an earthenware jar or any non-alluminium container with boiling water.
- (Note: the alluminium would react with the acidity of the kwas).
- Put the flour in the jar and mix to a liquid paste with a little of water.
- Leave the mixture to settle for a few minutes, and then pour on the remaining boiled water.
- Chop the garlic and add.
- Cover the top of the jar with muslin or pierced cling film and leave in a warm place for 4 to 5 days to ferment.
- Strain and use as required.
- If stored in an airtight container, it will keep for a few weeks.