Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Nicat H., a student at Secondary School #28 in Ganja, Ganja-Kazakh, who says, "Any experienced gourmand visiting our republic would be amazed by fine taste and delicate flavour of the Azerbaijan cuisines. One of the most popular courses in Azerbaijan and my favourite one is Lavangy. I like this dish, because it is very tasty. Lavangy is a national meal. We usually cook it in our national holidays and this dish associated with coming of spring. We can’t image our holiday-table without it. I hope you will like it."
- 454 g fish, whole (kutum)
- 50 g walnuts, ground
- 30 g onions, chopped
- 10 g butter, melted
- 25 g cornelian sour cherries (or sour cherries)
- 50 g sultana raisins
- Plump raisins in water. (If substituting dried cherries, plump them as well.)
- Clean and wash the fish. (Substitute trout or another freshwater white fish if kutum is not available.).
- Drain fruit.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make a stuffing of onion, walnuts, butter, and fruit. Add salt if needed.
- Stuff the fish, wrap in foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Slice crosswise to serve.
This recipe is totally great !!! Its very, very tasty. Thanks for sharring this "great" recipe.