1 hr 24 mins
This is my friend Namitha Elezabeth Thomas' recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
- 250 g potatoes, peeled,washed and sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 onions
- 3 sprigs fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
To grind to a fine paste
- 8 green chilies
- 3 red chilies
- 6 -8 black peppercorns
- 1 inch fresh ginger, washed and peeled
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 small onions (sambar onions)
To be finely crushed
- 1Pour the crushed and ground mixtures in a pot.
- 2Add coconut milk, yogurt, salt and curry leaves.
- 3Fold in the chicken pieces.
- 4Cook the chicken in this sauce on low flame until it is tender.
- 5Fry the onion and the potato in oil.
- 6Keep aside.
- 7Now, fry the cooked chicken pieces till they become dark brown.
- 8Arrange the fried chicken, fried onion and fried potato in a large serving bowl.
- 9Stir in the sauce into the remaining oil and saute for 7 minutes.
- 10Pour this sauce over the arranged chicken.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kuttanadan Vacha Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.3
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 189.3 mg
- Sodium 228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: