Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe posted for ZWT II - Asia. Kustinta is a brown rice cake, a favorite snack in the Philippines and is good with freshly grated coconut. The Lye Water (potassium carbonate solution) can be purchased in most Asian Food Stores.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into muffin cups, until half full.
- Steam in a large pan with a cover; the water should be 2 inches deep.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Add more water if needed until cooking is done.
- Remove from the muffin pans and serve with freshly grated coconut.