1/3 Photos of Kusa Mihshi - Stuffed Lebanese Squash / Cucuzza / Koosa
1 hr 10 mins
Um Safia's Note:
Kusa - AKA Lebanese Squash / Zucchini / Courgette, Cucuzza. This is a recipe for a quick & simple version of the traditional stuffed Kusa dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 zucchini, ends trimmed (each approx. 6'' long, about 3 pounds)
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons dried marjoram, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried mint, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce, preferably chunky
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Hollow out each zucchini using a zucchini / apple corer or small, flexible paring knife, leaving 1/8-inch-thick walls.
- 3Combine lamb, rice, 1 1/4 teaspoons marjoram, 3/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon mint, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Loosely stuff each zucchini with the lamb mixture. Place the stuffed zucchini in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 4Combine tomato sauce with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 3/4 teaspoon mint and 1/8 teaspoon allspice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then pour over the zucchini. Cover the pan with foil.
- 5Bake, turning the zucchini halfway through cooking, until the zucchini and rice are tender and the filling reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, 40 to 50 minutes. Serve the zucchini with the sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kusa Mihshi - Stuffed Lebanese Squash / Cucuzza / Koosa
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 1278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g