Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the book Beat This and it is the only time I will ever use Miracle Whip. The recipe is from a reader in Winnipeg, so with this post I pay homage to him. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 8 medium red potatoes, boiled with skin, peeled when cool
- 3 ounces garlic ring sausage, diced (see note)
- 2 slices bacon, thick cut (drain well)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise, plus more if needed
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip, pluse more if needed (see note)
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except mayonnaise and Miracle Whip.
- Add the mayo and Miracle Whip.
- Taste for seasonings.
- If you want salad moister, add the mayo and Miracle Whip using the same 2:1 proportions.
- Chill the salad for several hours (or up to 3 days), but bring back to room temperature before serving. It tastes better.
- NOTES: Garlic ring sausage is also Kielbassa Sausage. If unable to find substitute salami and add a cloved of minced garlic.
- Miracle Whip is VERY IMPORTANT. The recipe needs it because salad dressing has sugar and vinegar in it and provides just the right combination of mayo mix. I know people may not like Miracle Whip but please, just this once.