72 hrs 30 mins
This is from the book Beat This and it is the only time I will ever use Miracle Whip. The recipe is from a reader in Winnipeg, so with this post I pay homage to him. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium red potatoes, boiled with skin, peeled when cool
- 3 ounces garlic ring sausage, diced (see note)
- 2 slices bacon, thick cut (drain well)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more if needed
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip, pluse more if needed (see note)
- 1In a large bowl, mix everything together except mayonnaise and Miracle Whip.
- 2Add the mayo and Miracle Whip.
- 3Taste for seasonings.
- 4If you want salad moister, add the mayo and Miracle Whip using the same 2:1 proportions.
- 5Chill the salad for several hours (or up to 3 days), but bring back to room temperature before serving. It tastes better.
- 6NOTES: Garlic ring sausage is also Kielbassa Sausage. If unable to find substitute salami and add a cloved of minced garlic.
- 7Miracle Whip is VERY IMPORTANT. The recipe needs it because salad dressing has sugar and vinegar in it and provides just the right combination of mayo mix. I know people may not like Miracle Whip but please, just this once.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kurt's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 696.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g