Recipe by Brian Holley
This recipe was given to me by a friend in Pakistan. An easy to cook dish the use of poppy seeds and yogurt along with the almonds give a super nutty creamy dish. Prepared the day before cooking simplifies everything.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb, fat removed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 ounces ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the spices with the ginger, garlic and yogurt. Marinate the meat in this mixture overnight.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onions till golden,remove from pan. In the same pan fry the almonds, remove from pan.
- Drain the meat, keep the marinade.
- Add the meat to the pan and fry till brown, add the marinade and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with the onions and almonds.