Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 6 -8 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- finely chopped parsley
- Brown chicken in large pan or stockpot.
- Add stock and lemon juice. Bring to boil, add rice, turn down to low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through (just barely simmer--basically you're poaching the chicken, it should take about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove chicken, dice.
- Beat yogurt and egg together in a medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup simmering broth to yogurt, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly (this prevents the yogurt from separating).
- Add yogurt mixture to pot, whisking well.
- Add salt (adjust to taste).
- Return chicken to pan. Over low heat, heat through but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Can out pretty good for a white girl making it!
love it! Now if only I can find the recipes for kurdish lemonade and chicken tawa-we have a local restaurant called Babannis that we love!