Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stuffed Dumplings in Soup
Crust for koubebot
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups semolina (solet in hebrew )
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Filling for koubebot
- 1 lb beef
- oil (for frying)
- salt, & peppper
- 6 -7 garlic cloves
- 10 chopped scallions (green and white parts)
- olive oil
- 2 bunches swiss chard, chopped pazzi (blettes in french, swiss chard in english)
- lemon juice
- Fry the meat cut in small piece, in a small amount of oil.
- Grind preserving the texture (not like ground meat).
- Prepare the dough for the koubbebot, by mixing all ingredients.
- Wet your hands, and shape walnut size pieces of it, like a thin.
- circle, fill with 1 tsp of meat and seal.
- At this stage, you can freeze the kubbeh patties.
- Heat the oil, fry the garlic until gold, add the scallions and the.
- pazzi mix well.
- Cook about 10 minutes.
- Cover with water and continue to cook.
- I usually replace the salt with some soup powder.
- When almost done add lemon juice and lemon salt to taste.
- Add the koubbebot to the boiling soup, and continue cooking about 15.
This recipe takes a little while to put together. I wouldn't recommend it if you've only got thirty minutes. However, once it's done, it's super tasty!