Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
(Plof) You will need a large heavy saucepan. Serve with Pita, cutting board salsa, grilled chicken or olive salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling chicken stock or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions and bell pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato and basil and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bulgur and mix well.
- Pour in the boiling stock or water, add the salt, and mix well. Bring the liquid to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.