Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Having recently decided to eat more raw foods, I was pressed to contribute a dish to a dinner party held by a friend, so that DH and I would have something raw to eat. And so this dish was born out of what veggies we had on hand and what appealed to us. My friend's dinner guests swarmed all over the veggie dish I brought and asked for the recipe. So who had a recipe? A little brain storming brought the ingredients back into focus. I hope you enjoy this!
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or a mild tasting honey)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, chopped to 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for a couple of hours, then drained is best)
- Use one of the two methods below:.
- Except for the cashews, toss everything into the food processor and give it all a light chop. Turn out into a bowl and top with cashews and give a light toss. OR.
- Mix dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Chop veggies, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Combine dressing and veggies in a bowl; top with cashews and give a light toss.
- Want to make it a meal rather than a salad or side dish? Just make a little more dressing and serve the veggies over a bed of your favorite lettuce.