Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe by Kylie Kwong from Kylie Kwong from cook boook, 'My China' This was very tasty! Used chicken breast, the marinade made it very tender. I added chopped green onion along with the ginger also. Next time I make this though I'll add a veggie, snowpeas and onions would be good! This is a quick, easy and tasty meal!
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1cm cubes
- 29.58 ml cornflour cornstarch
- 29.58 ml shaoxing wine
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 10 dried red chilies
- 29.58 ml peanut oil, extra
- 29.58 ml ginger, cut into thin strips
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 29.58 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml chinese black vinegar or 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 ml of sichuan salt and pepper
- Combine chicken with cornflour and shao hsing wine in a bowl. Cover, place in refrigerator and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Place oil and chillies in a cold wok and then turn heat to low. Cook for about 1½ minutes or until chillies begin to darken slightly. Using a slotted spoon, immediately remove chillies and drain on kitchen paper.
- Leaving chilli-infused oil in wok, turn heat up to high and stir-fry half the chicken cubes for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add extra oil to wok with remaining chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Return all chicken to wok, along with ginger and reserved chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add peanuts, soy sauce and vinegar and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Sichuan pepper and salt.