Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a surprisingly satisfying vegetarian salad. I got the recipe from Leanne Ely's "Saving Dinner" e-mail service. I have since stopped using the service, but this recipe remains a family favourite. We are meat-eaters but enjoy this anyway! Cooking time is time to cook rice. If you plan ahead and use your rice cooker, this is a very quick meal to throw together! I *think* this is vegan but it might depend on the brands of soy and hoisin sauces you use.
- Prepare dressing by placing vinegar through salt in a bowl or shaker.
- Whisk or shake till well blended.
- Place rice in a large serving bowl and add in carrot, bok choy, onion, cilantro, and tofu.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over rice salad and serve.
- Note: This recipe originally called for the rice to be brought to room temperature. This is fine, but please be aware that rice allowed to come to room temperature for long periods should not then be stored in the fridge and then eaten as leftovers--you could wind up with a very unpleasant bout of food poisoning. If you would like to use leftovers, you should chill your rice in the fridge immediately after cooking, prepare the salad with the cold rice, and immediately refrigerate any excess. If you require more information, Google "Bacillus cereus" and "rice".