- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 small dried red chilies, 4 halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch.
- In a wok or large frypan, heat the oil over high heat until smoking.
- Add the chiles and salt; stir-fry until browned, 45 seconds.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, 15 seconds.
- Add the peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry until nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the sauce, add to the wok and cook until thickened slightly, 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cashews and sesame oil; serve.