- In a bowl combine sherry, cornstarch salt and pepper. Mix well. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine all sauce ingredients, mix well, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the wok to medium heat, all a tablespoon of oil and add dried chilies and stir fry until the pepper began to char (just starting to turn black but do not completely char them). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a tiny bit more oil. Add garlic and ginger stir fry for 15 seconds. Add shrimp and stir fry until shrimp turn pink (about 2 minutes).
- Add peppers, peanuts and green onions to the pan. Increase the heat and pour the sauce into the pan and stir until thickened and bubbly. Serve with white rice.